By Delano D’Silva
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Serves: 4-5
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion or 1 small shallot
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ -1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 L beef stock (preferably homemade)
- 1-3 tsp “Sybil’s Green Curry Paste”
- 2 cups 2 day old bread cut into large cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium size pot.
- Add onion, sugar and cook until caramelized.
- Add beef stock and “Sybil’s Green Curry Paste.”
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While soup is simmering, place small handfuls of bread into “french onion soup bowls”.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- When soup is ready, ladle into bowls.
- Cover with cheese and broil until cheese is melted.