By Sybil D’Silva
- Preparation time: 30 min
- Marination time: 15 min – overnight
- Cook time: 30-45 min
- Serves: 4-6
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Tbsp “Sybil’s Jerk Rub”
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp “Sybil’s Jerk Rub”
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds roasted
- Make crisscross slits into the chicken breasts and apply “Sybil’s Jerk Rub” into the slits and set aside for at least 15 minutes
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or till done
- Cover and rest till rice is done cooking
- While chicken is baking fry onions in oil till it sweats.
- Add celery, carrots, tomatoes and “Sybil’s Jerk Rub” sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add cooked rice, almonds, raisins and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat to infuse the flavours or in finish in the oven after baking the chicken, for 10-15 min.
- Serve on a rice platter with the chicken on top.