By Sybil D’Silva
- Preparation time: 30 min
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Serves: 6-8
- 2 lbs lamb cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 Tbsp “Sybil’s Goa Curry Paste”
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- ½ cup yoghurt well blended or whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 1-2 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- Cook the lentils in water till pulpy (a thick soup like consistency is reached). Add more water if needed. Keep aside.
- In a sauce pan sauté onions in oil till it sweats.
- Add tomato puree and cook till aromatic. Puree in a blender with a little water. Return to pot.
- Add lamb, “Sybil’s Goa Curry Paste”, 2 cups chicken stock, yoghurt, salt and honey.
- Bring to boil on high and then simmer on medium-low for 30 min.
- Add cooked lentils cook for 15-20 min and desired consistency is reached. You may need to add more water during this step.
- Serve with rice or flat bread
Eggplant, carrots, potatoes and/or peas can be added at step 6.